This website and all original content remains Copyright © Mardesign 2009
The site is built & maintained by Mardesign
If you are just a little interested in gardening or are an experienced or novice gardener. At Hermitage Horticultural Society we welcome everyone.
THE GOOLDEN CUP will be presented to the Member who wins the most points in Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
THE CLASSIC DECORATORS' CUP will be awarded for the highest number of points in the Flower Classes 6 to 27.
THE MARR CUP will be presented to the child with the highest number of points overall.
THE HANS OVEREYNDER TROPHY will be awarded for the highest number of points in the Vegetable/Fruit Classes 28 to 56.
DIPLOMA OF MERIT will be awarded for the Best Exhibit in Vegetable/Fruit Classes.
DIPLOMA OF MERIT will be awarded for the Best Exhibit in Flower Classes.
THE WADE CUP will be awarded to the family gaining the most points throughout the year.
THE HERMITAGE HOMECRAFT CUP will be awarded to the Member with the most points from the Spring and Autumn Shows in the Produce and Homecraft Classes.
THE PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR AWARD will be awarded to the Member gaining the most points throughout the year.
FLORAL ARRANGEMENTS (including foliage)
1 * 'Colours of Autumn' An Arrangement of Flowers, Foliage and Berries. Size limit 30cm. (12")
wide x 30cm. (12") high
2* Using Flowers and Foliage make a Fire arrangement.
3.* An arrangement incorporating a piece of Clothing.
4* An arrangement a Wine Glass to be viewed all around. size 15cm. (12") high
5*. An arragement to depict a Seaside theme. Maximum size 30cm. (12") wide x 30cm. (12") high.
N.B.*See Rule 5 in respect of Classes 1 to 5
6. Three Dahlias, decorative
7. Three Dahlias, cactus and/or semi-cactus
8. Three Dahlias, poms. 5cm. (2") maximum
9. Bowl or Vase of Dahlias, any variety
10. Three Chrysanthemums
11. Three Spray Chrysanthemums
12. One Specimen Chrysanthemu
13. Bowl or Vase of Michaelmas Daisies
14. Three sprays Michaelmas Daisies (one variety)
15. Bowl or Vase of Annual Asters
16. Bowl or Vase of Annuals other than Asters. See 'Special Notes'
17. Bowl or Vase of Mixed Perennials
18. Pot Plant, flowering. Pot measurement 20cm. (8") max. See 'Special Notes'
19. Pot Plant, foliage. Pot measurement 20cm. (8") max. See 'Special notes'
20 Pot Plant, hanging. Pot measurement 20cm. (8") max. See 'Special Notes'
21. Pot Plant Pelargonium (Geranium). Pot measurement 20cm. (8") max. See 'Special notes'
22. Pot Plant Orchid pot measurement 20cm. (8")max See 'Special notes'
23. Flowers from my garden
24 Three specimen blooms of a large flowered Rose. (Hybrid Tea type). See 'Special notes'
25. Three cluster flowered stems of Roses. (Floribunda type).Three roses or more on each stem
'See Special Notes'
26. Fuchsia plant in a pot. Pot measurements 15cm (6")max. See ' Special Notes'
27. Six Fuchsia Flowers, mixed in a box. No foliage.
28. Largest Sunflower head, cut.
VEGETABLES AND FRUIT
29. Four Onions from Seed
30. Four Onions from Sets
31. Three Carrots, no foliage
32. Three Beetroots, no foliage
33. Five Potatoes, any one variety
34. Five Runner Beans
35. Two Leeks
36. Four Tomatoes
37. One truss Cherry Type Tomatoes
38. One Cabbage
39. Two Peppers (Capsicums)
40. Two Lettuces
41. Nine Shallots, small. Max. 3cm. (1_")
42. Two Courgettes. Size around 13cm. to 15cm. (5" to 6")
43. Marrows, Pair, any colour of 30cm. to 35cm. (12" to 14")
44. Heaviest Marrow
45. Heaviest Onion (clean)
46. Four Apples – Dessert
47. Nine Shallots, large
48. Four Apples - Cooking
49. Five Plums or Gages
50. Nine Autumn Raspberries with stems
51 . Any other Fruit
52 Longest Runner Bean
53. Four French Beans
54. Any other Vegetable
55. Heaviest Tomato
56. Bowl of Mixed Herbs (Culinary)
57. Vegetables in a Tray or Trug, four kinds, one of each.
PRODUCE AND HOMECRAFT (Food to be labelled with date)
58. A Jar of Pickled Onions.
59. Egg and Anchovy Pate. See Recipe.
60. Festive Gingerbread. See Recipe.
61. Cystalized Fruit, suitable for a present.
62. A Gift wrapped Parcel
63. A Pair of Knitted Gloves.
PHOTOGRAPHIC (Size - any dimensions not exceeding 225 sq. cm. (35 sq. ins.) May be mounted' but not framed)
64. One Print - 'Britain in the Rain'.
65. One Print - 'A Village Photograph'
66. One print - 'On Holiday'
CHILDREN'S CLASSES (age to be stated)
Under 8 years old on day of Show
67. Make Six Jam Tarts.
68. Draw a Bird on your Feeder or in your Garden.
69. Grow a Sunflower
8 years old or over on the day of the Show
70. Make Six Jam Tarts.
71. Draw a Bird on your Feeder or in your Garden.
72. Grow a Sunflower.