This website and all original content remains Copyright © Mardesign 2009
The site is built & maintained by Mardesign
If you are just a little interested in gardening or are an experienced or novice gardener. At Hermitage Horticultural Society we welcome everyone.
1. The Show will be conducted in accordance with the rules and standards contained in the Royal Horticultural Society Show Handbook, except where under this Schedule they obviously do not apply.
2. Members of the Society only may enjoy the privileges of the Society, which include the right to exhibit at all Shows. Any school pupil exhibiting in any of the Adult Classes must be a Member of the Society.
3. All Class entries, on the printed form, must be made to the SHOW SECRETARY or to a COMMITTEE MEMBER no later than 6.00 p.m. on the Friday before the Show. Entries must be accompanied by the entry fee of 20p per Class, except those in the Children’s Classes which are FREE but AGE MUST BE STATED. Only one entry may be made in each Class.
4. All exhibits must be staged on the day of the Show between 10.00 a.m. and 12 noon, and all persons to leave the hall by 12.05 p.m., except officials of the Show, and nothing must be removed before 4.00 p.m. without the permission of the Show Secretary.
5. All flowers, pot plants and vegetables exhibited must be grown by the exhibitor, except in the Floral Arrangement Classes marked with an asterisk on the Schedule, and the Children’s Classes.
6. All exhibits, personal property etc. shall be at the risk of the exhibitors, and the Society shall not be liable for compensation for loss or damage for any cause whatsoever.
7. The Judges' decisions are final.
8. The Show Secretary has the authority to move exhibits where staged if extra space is required.
It would be appreciated if exhibitors would give the variety or name of the exhibits where possible.