This website and all original content remains Copyright © Mardesign 2009
The site is built & maintained by Mardesign
If you are just a little interested in gardening or are an experienced or novice gardener. At Hermitage Horticultural Society we welcome everyone.
THE LIPSCOMB CUP will be presented to the Member with the most points in Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
THE JOHN ROUSE CUP will be presented to the Member with the most points in the Flower Classes 6 to 30.
THE ELIZABETH BROWN CUP will be awarded to the child with the most points in Classes 42 to 47.
DIPLOMA OF MERIT will be awarded for the Best Exhibit in Show.
THE WADE CUP will be awarded at the Autumn Show to the family gaining the most points from all three Shows.
THE HERMITAGE HOMECRAFT CUP will be awarded at the Autumn Show to the Member with the most points from the Spring and Autumn Shows in the Produce and Homecraft Classes.
THE PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR AWARD will be awarded at the Autumn Show to the Member gaining the most points in the Photographic Classes throughout the year.
FLORAL ARRANGEMENTS (including foliage)
1.* Treasures from a Spring Garden. Size 13cm . Size 13cm. (5") widex30cm. (12") high
2.* A Basket of Flowers and Foliage with a Easter theme. Size to suit basket.
3.* Make a Spring exhibit using moss, Ferns and Twigs. Size38cm. (15") wide x 23cm. (9")
.4. Posy of Spring Flowers. a Frill may be used.
5.* A petite arrangement with Spring Flowers and foiliage. Size limit 23cm. (9") high .
N.B. *See Rule 5 in respect of Classes 1 to 5
FLOWERS (Containers available Classes 6 to 16)
6. Five blooms of Trumpet Daffodils, one or more varieties (or cultivars)
7. Three blooms of Trumpet Daffodils, one variety (or cultivar)
8. One bloom Trumpet Daffodil
N.B. 'Trumpet Daffodils' - trumpet as long as, or longer than
9. Five blooms Narcissi, cup, two or more varieties (or cultivars)
10. Three blooms Narcissus, cup, one variety (or cultivar)
11. One Specimen Narcissus, cup
12. Five stems multi-headed Narcissus
13. Three stems multi-headed Narcissus
14. One stem multi-headed Narcissus
15. Three stems of a miniature Narcissus, single or multi-headed, with a maximum bloom
diameter of 5cm. (2")
16. Three stems Cyclamineus Narcissus. See note page 9.
17 Three stems Polyanthus, cut
18. One stem Polyanthus, cut
19. Bowl or Vase Polyanthus, cut
20. One Polyanthus or Primrose Plant potted
21 Three Tulips, rooted or cut
22. Three Hyacinths, rooted or cut
23. Mixed Spring Flowers, any container
24. Five Pansies
25. Five Violas
26. One Viola plant, flowering, in a 7.5cm. (4") pot
27. Pot Plant, flowering
28 Pot Plant, Orchid. Pot measurement 20cm. (8") max.
29. pot Plant, foliage
30. Cacti or Succulents, in a bowl
31. Five stems Wallflowers
32. Vase Flowering Shrubs or Trees, not more than six stems
33. Three stalks Rhubarb
34 Any other Vegetable, one, fresh
PRODUCE AND HOMECRAFT (Food to be labelled with date)
35. A Jar of Currant Jelly.
36. Six Ginger Florentines.
37 A Round of Soda Bread.
38. A Upside -down Pudding.
39. 'Something New from Something Old' an item using recycled materials.
40 A Tea Cosy.
Photophic Size- any dimensions not exceeding
225 sq. cm. (35 sq. ins.) May be mounted but not framed)
41 One Print - 'The first Spring Flower to appear in your Garden'.
42. One Print - 'Floods'
43. One Print - 'A bonfire , Fireworks or Halloween'
CHILDREN'S CLASSES (age to be stated)
Under 8 years old on day of Show
44 Make a plate filled Sandwiches for a party.
45 Make a Nest filled with decorated. hard boiled Hens' Eggs..
46. Make a Easter Posy..
8 years old or over on day of Show
47. Decorate a Wooden Spoon.
48 Make a Nest filled with decorated, hard boiled Hens' Eggs.
49 Make a Easter Posy.
(A variety is a naturally occurring variant of a species,
while variants produced by man in cultivation are
known as cultivars)
Note: Cyclamineus Narcissus. Usually one flower to a
Stem, perianth segments (petals) reflexed. Flower at an
acute angle to the stem, withvery short pedicel (neck)