This website and all original content remains Copyright © Mardesign 2009
The site is built & maintained by Mardesign
If you are just a little interested in gardening or are an experienced or novice gardener. At Hermitage Horticultural Society we welcome everyone.
THE WEST CUP will be presented to the Member who gains most points in the Flower and Vegetable/Fruit Classes.
THE DANIEL-DORLING-TUERSLEY CUP, runner-up to the West Cup.
THE JUBILEE CUP will be presented to the Member gaining most points in the Flower Classes only, excluding the winners of the above two cups.
THE DEW CUP will be presented to the Member who wins most points in Classes 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5.
THE REVIVAL TROPHY will be presented to the Member who gains most points in Classes 6 to 11.
THE FAIRFIELD ROSE BOWL will be presented to the young person who wins the Arrangement of Flowers (Class 66).
UNDER 8 JUNIOR GARDENERS CUP will be awarded to the child with the most points in Classes 60 to 62.
OVER 8 JUNIOR GARDENERS CUP will be awarded to the child with the most points in Classes 63 to 65.
DIPLOMA OF MERIT will be awarded for the Best Exhibit in the Vegetable/Fruit Classes.
DIPLOMA OF MERIT will be awarded for the Best Exhibit in the Flower Classes.
FLORAL ARRANGEMENTS (including foliage)
1. *' An arrangement of Flowers and Foilage in a Glass Vase or Container. Size not more than 23cm . (9") wide or high.
2. * A of Roses and Foilage in a Pyramide Shape. .
3. * 'Travellers Joy ' An arrangement for a Guest Bedrom. Small and Sweet. Size 23cm.(9") high
4. * ' Pop Art' . An arrangement in a Recycled Container.
5. * An arrangement for a summer evening Dinner party for all round veiwing.
N.B. *See R a Book Title to depitule 5 in respect of Classes 1 to 5
6. One specimen bloom of a large flowered Rose. (Hybrid Tea type). See 'Special Notes'
7. Three specimen blooms of a large flowered Rose. (Hybrid Tea type). See 'Special Notes'
8. One Cluster flowered stem of a Rose. (Floribunda type). Three Roses or more on the stem.
'See Special Notes'
9. Three Cluster flowered stems of Roses. (Floribunda type). Three Roses or more on each stem
See 'Special Notes'
10. Bowl or Vase of Roses, any kind or kinds
11. Miniature Rose. Flowers 5cm. (2") max. diameter. Three stems as
12. Rose Buttonhole. Rose foliage only
13. Bowl or Vase of Annuals, one variety, mixed colours accepted.
SEE 'SPECIAL NOTES'
14. Bowl or Vase of Annuals, mixed. See 'Special Notes'
15. Bowl or Vase of Perennials
16. Bowl or Vase of French or African Marigolds
17 Five stems of Pinks
18. Three stems of Sweet Williams
19. Five stems of Sweet Peas, mixed (Spencer type)
20. Bowl or Vase of Sweet Peas, not more than twenty-four (Spencer type)
20. Bowl or Vase of Sweet Peas, not more than twenty-four (Any other type)
21. Five Pansies
22. Five Violas
24. Bowl or Vase of flowering Shrubs and/or Trees, cut
25. Fuchsia Plant in pot. Pot measurement 20cm. (8") max. See 'Special Notes'
26. Pot Plant, flowering, other than Fuchsia. Pot measurement 20cm. (8")max See 'Special Notes'
27. Pot Plant. Orchid Pot measurement 20cm (8") 'See Special Notes'
28. Pot Plant, foliage. Pot measurement 20cm. (8") max. See 'Special Notes'
29. Specimen bloom Pelargonium (Geranium)
30. Pot Plant Pelargonium (Geranium). Pot measurement 20cm. (8") max. See 'Special Notes'
31. One stem Delphinium
32. Hanging Basket
33. Mixed or One Variety of Flowers growing in a Pot or Tub. Pot measurement 35cm. (14") max.
SEE 'SPECIAL NOTES'
34. Three different Cacti, each in a 10cm. (4") pot. 'See Special Notes'
35. Flowers from my Garden
VEGETABLES AND FRUIT
36. Collection of Vegetables, three kinds, one of each
37. Collection of Salad Vegetables, four kinds
38. Three Potatoes
39. One Cucumber
40. Three Onions
41. Five pods Peas
42. Two Lettuces
43. Five pods Broad Beans
44 Three Carrots, no foliage - leave about 2.5cm. to 4cm. (1" to 1_") of stem
45. Three Beetroots, no foliage
46. Two Cabbages
47. Three Courgettes. Size approx. 10cm. to 15cm. (4" to 6")
48. One Vegetable, One Flower, any variety
49. Four French Beans
50. Two Marrows
51. Any other Vegetable
52. One plate of Blackcurrants, eight or ten strigs (strings)
53. One plate of Redcurrants, eight or ten strigs (strings)
54. Nine Gooseberries
55. Nine Raspberries with stems
56. Any other Fruit
57. Bowl of Mixed Herbs (Culinary)
PHOTOGRAPHIC (Size - any dimensions not exceeding 225 sq. cm. (35 sq. ins.)
May be mounted but not framed)
58. One Print - 'A flowering Pot Plant'
59. One Print - 'Wild lif in the Garden'
60 One print - ' The Sky' Sun Rise,Sun Set, Clouds, etc. .
CHILDREN'S CLASSES (age to be stated)
Under 8 years old on day of Show:
61. Grow a Crest Garden.
62. Make a Picture using Shells, Pebbles and Butttons.
63. Make a tied Posy of Flowers and Foliage.
8 years old or over on day of Show
64. Make aPicture using Shells, Pebbles and Buttons.
65. Make a tied Posy of Flowers and Foilage.
66. Make a ThankyYou Card.
Young people under 16 years old on day of Show:
67 . An arrangement of Flowers in a Tea or Coffee Cup